Ah, L’amour! Isn’t it grand? You have a special Valentine to curl up with on those cold February evenings. Secretly, you may have more than one. Don’t worry. I’m not judging. One book crush is never enough.
- You pour a glass of wine and turn on soft jazz before opening the cover.
- If the book is written in multiple points of view, you skip ahead to read your book crush’s chapters first.
- You dislike your book crush’s love interest and hope the author sends them packing in the next act.
- You wish the author would be a little more liberal with physical descriptions.
- Your bookshelf or Kindle contains every word ever written about your crush.
- Given enough wine, you imagine joining your crush in the storyline. Naturally, they’ll leave the hot spy in the high heels (or the hot spy in the sharp suit) for you.
- Should the heartless author kill off your book crush, you mourn for weeks. Well, until a replacement crush rises out of the pages of a new book series.
Anymore signs I missed? Share them in the comments section.
(Images used with licensed permission from Adobe Stock)