Friday, March 3rd is National I Want You to Be Happy Day! I admit I’d never heard of this holiday until researching ideas for my March blog series. The topic of “Happiness” really stood out for me. It seems every time I turn on the TV or go to social media sites, the negativity is in my face. Go out in public and people are grumpy with each other. We’ve forgotten how to get back to our Happy Place.
“There is only one way to happiness and that is to cease worrying about things which are beyond the power of our will.” Epictetus
How do we get back to our Happy Place? Start by celebrating National I Want You to Be Happy Day:
- Take a few minutes to discover what is important to your family and friends, then act upon it
- Do random acts of kindness for complete strangers
- Send an ecard just because
- Give someone a genuine compliment
- Listen to someone else without interruption. Be respectful
Get the idea? Take the time to be kind to others. Amazing things will happen. Eventually, we’ll be able to HEAR each other again instead of coming from a place of anger and bitterness. Only then can we begin to heal as a society.
Images licensed for use from Adobe Stock.