We live for our art, don’t we? Sharing our work with the world is a way to give back to the community. It can be gloriously fulfilling and at the same time an overwhelming responsibility. Keeping the joy in our art is important in encouraging our productivity.
Remember: The world needs your art! Don’t let anything stop you from creating – including YOU!
Top Five Ways to Keep Things Fun
- Plan Your Events Around a Favorite Holiday: My latest Dark Fantasy Novel – Creed of the Guardian– comes out October 18th. I’m having a blast with Halloween themed gift basket ideas and marketing
- Get Your Friends and Family Involved: Great ideas often come during group discussions.
- Don’t Take Yourself or Your Project Too Seriously: Art is hard work, but it should also be fun. Don’t suck the joy out of your creativity by taking it too seriously
- Plan Well and Finish on Time or Early: It’s a wonderful feeling when you check off all those tasks on the way to completing your creative project. A job well done!
- Don’t Forget to Celebrate! Completing that crappy first draft or a preliminary rough sketch is a major accomplishment. It gets you one step closer to a full creative piece of work. Reward yourself with a nice meal or a spa day.
Be Positive. Be Happy. Be Well.