The wisdom of Movies – © gorralit stock.adobe.com
The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the Eight Dimension introduces crime fighting brain surgeon, adventurer, rock star and all-around renaissance man, Buckaroo Banzai. He and his band of eccentric friends, the Hong Kong Cavaliers, must stop evil aliens from the eighth dimension.
This completely unique Sci/Fi Adventure is a cult classic. I recently watched the featurette of the movie on it’s anniversary release. Though most of the actors had no idea what the plot was really about at the time, they were still excited to be part of the movie. Buckaroo Banzai can be considered a venue for the most talented comedians of the 80s (and today). For me, it was a revelation.
The Wisdom of Buckaroo Banzai
- Eight Dimensions of Opportunity – Buckaroo Banzai was released in 1984. I was a freshman just entering the big world of University life. This movie had a strong impact on my world view. I, like many of my contemporaries, were raised by “Depression Era Babies” who drilled the notion of “Get a job. Stay there until you retire. Then have fun.” I’d never been exposed to anyone like Buckaroo Banzai. He showed me I could be more than one “thing.” I didn’t have to live under a Label I’d chosen when I was still an inexperienced kid. I could pursue careers and hobbies I loved during my entire life, instead of waiting until I retired from a job I hated.
Seek out your own truth!
- No Matter Where You Go, There You Are – This is probably Buckaroo’s most quotable saying. He admonishes the crowd when they are unkind to a tearful Penny Pretty. I think his words have two meanings. First – Be Kind. We’re all humans going through our own difficulties. Second – Look into your own heart, before judging others. Who are you, really? Do you know for sure? Find out.
- Laugh While You Can, Monkey Boy! – Okay. I’ll admit I doubt John Lithgow meant anything by this, but the obvious warning. It’s still a good message. Life is a terminal illness, so fill it full of laughter and joy rather than negativity.
Fill your life with joy
Pre-Order Your Copy Today!
It’s release month for Creed of the Guardian – Book Three in the Heart of the Warriorseries. I’m celebrating with a Halloween Giveaway! Click here to enter for a chance to win these Boo-tiful Prizes:
- Signed Print copies of Books 1 – 3 of the Heart of the Warriorseries with 2 limited edition bookmarks
- Mini-flex LED Reading Light
- $50 Amazon Gift Card
- Plush Lion
- 1000-piece Halloween jigsaw puzzle
- Halloween mug filled with candy
Visit my EVENTspage for scheduling information and blog stops I’ll be visiting this Fall.
Start The Spooky Season With An Old Favorite! © Drobot Dean – stock.adobe.com
Happy Spooky Season! I know I’m a few days early, but I am too excited to wait! This October is going to be a fun one. Creed of the Guardian – Book Three in the Heart of the Warrior series – comes out October 18th. I’ll have details on tours and giveaways soon.
Let’s kick off the season with a blast from the past to get you in the Halloween Spirit!
The Frighteners – directed by Peter Jackson and starring Michael J. Fox – is a satisfying mix of paranormal haunts, suspenseful plot twists, and comedy. Fox plays Frank Bannister, conman and paranormal investigator. Frank finds himself up against a supernatural serial killer preying on unlikely victims around his home town.
First released in 1995, this movie came out at the height of Michael J. Fox’s popularity. His acting is heartfelt and real. The entire cast brings their best performances in this entertaining paranormal adventure. It is Jackson’s ground-breaking special effects that propel this movie over the top. According to Jackson, they developed software and techniques in The Frighteners that made it possible for him to film The Lord of the Rings.
Make sure to put this spooky fun film on your Halloween Playlist. I highly recommend the Director’s Cut released as part of the 15th Anniversary Edition Blue-ray.
Be Positive. Be Happy. Be Well. And Have a Spook-tacular Spooky Season!
Pre-Order Your Copy Today!
Creed of the Guardian, Book Three in the Heart of The Warrior Series,
is now available for PRE-ORDER on Amazon.
Book Three – COMING October 18th, 2019
Protect the Innocent. Punish the Guilty.
Seth the Ice Lion, now an Apprentice in the Jalora Legion, reluctantly travels aboard ship with his new battalion. Western Beta’s mission seems a dull assignment. Guarding miles of bogs and old ruins should be a simple task, but Seth soon learns nothing is easy for the Bearer of the Lion Ring. The Jalora is the embodiment of Good and the source of Seth’s power. It commands he search North Marsh for a relic capable of saving his homeland from the ravenous appetite of the Jackal invaders. Surrounded by deadly bogs and savage beasts, he must find the relic before the Lion Spirit inside of him takes control of their shared body.
Invaders from across the sea hold a firm grip on Valdeon, but their thirst for blood remains unsated. They lust for the riches of Andara. Using fear and greed as weapons, the Jackal enlist aid from the continent’s unscrupulous mercenaries to prepare for a larger invasion. They build a stronghold – Stone Fang Fortress – in the Bloodtooth Mountains of the north. It is here they prepare to conquer the free world.
Will Seth find this powerful relic before the Jackal swarm invades Andara? Or will his people be enslaved under the iron fist of the Jackal Lord? Seth’s answers hide in the deadly bogs of North Marsh…
Haven’t read the series yet? Check out Books One and Two.
Book One of The Heart of The Warrior Series
Book Two – Heart of the Warrior series
Be Positive. Be Happy. Be Well.