The Publishing Industry is a harsh place to build your dreams – especially if you’re an Independent Author. Writing the book is a lonely business. Pouring over all those red marks of grammar death from the editor is painful. Marketing the book once published is a nerve-wracking affair. Ask any Indie Author, and they will tell you all the heartaches are worth it. Why? We are creating our art.
In this season of thanksgiving, I wanted to reflect and remind Creatives about the good things.
Top Five Things Indie Authors Are Grateful for This Season
- Technology: Thank you, Internet! Technology has revolutionized the way we read with ebook and audio formats
- Book Distributors: Amazon, Ingram, Smashwords, and others have made it possible for more authors to publish their own work to a global audience
- Independent Bookstores: No offense to big book chains like Barnes and Noble, but I want to give a special shout out to my local indie bookstores. They love supporting local authors. These wonderful folks host book signings and other author events to connect local authors with the community
- Goodreads and other book sites: These sites offer opportunities for authors to connect virtually with their readers. And for readers to connect with other readers
- READERS: We are grateful to all those readers who support Indie Authors by buying and reading our books, leaving reviews and spreading the word
May your celebrations be full of food, fun, and family. Happy Thanksgiving