The Publishing Industry is a harsh place to build your dreams – especially if you’re an Independent Author. Writing the book is a lonely business. Pouring over all those red marks of grammar death from the editor is painful. Marketing the book once published is a nerve-wracking affair. Ask any Indie Author, and they will tell you all the heartaches are worth it. Why? We are creating our art.
In this season of thanksgiving, I wanted to reflect and remind Creatives about the good things.
Top Five Things Indie Authors Are Grateful for This Season
- Technology: Thank you, Internet! Technology has revolutionized the way we read with ebook and audio formats
- Book Distributors: Amazon, Ingram, Smashwords, and others have made it possible for more authors to publish their own work to a global audience
- Independent Bookstores: No offense to big book chains like Barnes and Noble, but I want to give a special shout out to my local indie bookstores. They love supporting local authors. These wonderful folks host book signings and other author events to connect local authors with the community
- Goodreads and other book sites: These sites offer opportunities for authors to connect virtually with their readers. And for readers to connect with other readers
- READERS: We are grateful to all those readers who support Indie Authors by buying and reading our books, leaving reviews and spreading the word
May your celebrations be full of food, fun, and family. Happy Thanksgiving
From Me and Mine to You and Yours!
Our lives are busy. We hustle to make a buck. Strive to climb the career ladder faster than our parents once did. And those dreams won’t chase themselves. One misstep and they may escape into the clouds, out of our reach.
This week as we’re hurrying to cook our Turkey with all the trimmings, it may be time to stop for one hot second. Pour a glass of wine and just sit still. Observe your life. What is the one positive constant you can count on to get you through the crazy days? Hold on to whatever it is. Keep it close to your heart. Know all the negative litter filling your life doesn’t matter.
From Me and Mine to You and Yours…Happy Thanksgiving
On this day of abundance, I want to give my surplus of joy to those who are struggling.
On this day of giving, I want to send my wishes of peace and comfort to those who have known terror.
On this day of fellowship, I want to offer my support to those who stand in the storm of uncertainty.
Humanity will endure, because Hope endures.
Don’t forget to enter for a chance to win a free advanced copy
November 11th thru December 4th
Over the river and through the woods to Grandmother’s house we go…or to a beach in Mexico. One of my friends is taking his family there this week. I was not invited. That’s cool. We’re good…sniff. All kidding aside, there is no place I’d rather be than in Colorado during the holidays. Skiing in the mountains. Festivals and performing arts in town. We know how to have fun here.
Whether you’re traveling to visit the special folks in your life OR you’re hanging out at home, have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Be Safe!
Coming in December
Each Fall I put out a newsletter promoting new releases by my talented author friends. I’m running very late this year (hanging head in shame). Join my friends and I next month here on the blog. There will be books from several different genres. Each of them are excellent stocking stuffers for those book lovers in your life.