Crystal engines thunder as they lift the airship into a midnight sky. Sails catch the wind. Then the vessel bursts forward into the unknown. Two breathless stowaways hide below decks, anxious to avoid the relentless hounds hunting them.
The scene is set and the characters are ready. We’re only missing one thing. You!
Continue the journey on Friday, November 17th
Barnes and Noble
Colorado Residents: Tattered Cover
(Available in eBook on January 26th)
Coming Soon: Details about my Holiday Tour December 7th thru 18th
Off to Denver Comic Con I go! It’s going to be a blast. Hope to see you there!
My Schedule for Author Signings and Panels: www.crrichards.com
@javier brosch – Stock.Adobe.com
BooblGum – Stock.Adobe.Com
It’s coming! A few weeks left before the superheroes, artists, actors, authors and fans return to Denver. That’s right! It’s almost Denver ComicCon time!
I’ll be there leading a panel (Oh What a Tangled Web We Weave: Complex Plots In Fantasy, Mystery and Suspense Thrillers) and signing books. Look for me under the two HUGE LIONS!
If you’re looking for “Deep Thoughts and Junk”, you’ve come to the right place! I’ve given the blog a face lift just in time for Spring Break!
(Acik – stock.adobe.com)
Ah, L’amour! Isn’t it grand? You have a special Valentine to curl up with on those cold February evenings. Secretly, you may have more than one. Don’t worry. I’m not judging. One book crush is never enough.
Not sure you have a book crush? Here are a few tell-tale signs:
- You pour a glass of wine and turn on soft jazz before opening the cover.
- If the book is written in multiple points of view, you skip ahead to read your book crush’s chapters first.
- You dislike your book crush’s love interest and hope the author sends them packing in the next act.
- You wish the author would be a little more liberal with physical descriptions.
- Your bookshelf or Kindle contains every word ever written about your crush.
- Given enough wine, you imagine joining your crush in the storyline. Naturally, they’ll leave the hot spy in the high heels (or the hot spy in the sharp suit) for you.
- Should the heartless author kill off your book crush, you mourn for weeks. Well, until a replacement crush rises out of the pages of a new book series.
Anymore signs I missed? Share them in the comments section.
(Images used with licensed permission from Adobe Stock)
To My Wonderful Readers: Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Season Greetings and my thanks for all the support you’ve shown me over the years. This special holiday sneak peek is for you!
Coming the Summer of 2017
A new series from award winning Author, C.R. Richards: The epic tale continues. A new covenant has been forged in the chaos of war. Its price is nothing less than the Bearer of the Lion Ring’s soul.
The rivalry for dominance over the continent of Andara has taken a dark turn. Eternal enemies – the Jalora and the Sarcion – pit their forces against one another in bloody battle. Good weakens, betrayed by the very humans it has sworn to protect. Valdeon, its stronghold on Andara, falls to sword and flame. The fires of its destruction are set alight by barbaric invaders from across the sea. Their brutal hand conquers the land in a night, exiling the Lords of Valdeon – Sacred Guard of the Covenant. Cut off from the center of their power, the Jalora’s greatest heroes are helpless to defend their homeland.
Hope still lingers. Seth D’Antoiné, Bearer of the Lion Ring, journeys to the great Obsidian Citadel seeking a magical relic, the Book of Ancients. Its power could hold the key to Andara’s defense. He alone can open its pages, sparking the magic into life and restoring the Jalora’s waning power. Finding the book won’t be easy. Elusive Obsidian Gates – appearing and then vanishing again by their own will – keep the secret of the book’s location well hidden.
In the depths of the mountain fortress, he finds treachery and intrigue hiding within its walls. Can Seth open the Book of Ancients before the Sarcion’s men find him? Or will the power of Good leave the land forever? Andara’s future awaits behind the Obsidian Gates…
Haven’t started the adventure yet? Check out Book One.
“What is not started today is never finished tomorrow.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Dreams, Goals, Aspirations – they keep our hearts pumping and get us out of bed in the morning. Take yours for example. You’ve been daydreaming about it for months. If you’ve read my last post (Are You Ready to Get Started?), then you have a clear idea of what success looks like. Let’s put some legs on that idea!
Keeping your list of criteria (what success looks like to you) handy, let’s plot out the steps to achieve your goal:
- Laptop or pen and paper ready to go. Check!
- Motivational music. Check!
- Stares at blank page and scratches head.
Don’t panic. Unless you’ve planned projects and programs for years, you can’t know the exact steps off the top of your head. It takes a bit of research and maybe a chat with an expert who’s done something like you’re trying to accomplish. Here are a few suggestions on how to get started:
- Think it through – Make a list of the things you need to do before you can achieve your goal. Note – You’re just getting started, so you’ll have gaps.
- Research it – Jump on line and start searching. Better yet, visit your local library.
- Research it Hardcore – Hop in the car and visit a place that relates to your idea. Example – I’m writing a historical horror story. I plan to visit my local museum.
- Research it Hardcore the Sequel – Contact someone who is an expert in the subject matter you’re researching. Most people are happy to talk about their favorite subjects.
Great work! We’ll talk it through next time on DTJ.